Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Solemn Truths

Today I found out why my son has been an absolute terror lately. He's usually been none too thrilled when I go to work, but lately he's been beastly. Now I know why.

He thinks if he's really bad for his grandma, I'll have to stay home with him every day.

He's only 3 1/2 and I know he doesn't understand, no matter how often I explain it, but what else can I do? Once again we snuggled down and I told him that it was something I had to do not just for me, but him, grandma and the pets too. I also told him that even though grandma's knees won't let her work like I do, she works in his heart taking care of him when I can't be here, and last but not least that I missed him just as much as he missed me when I was gone.

I don't know if it sunk in any more tonight then it has in the past, but again what can I do?

Doesn't stop me from feeling like crap about it, though.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is "this too shall pass."

    Savor the bitter and the sweet...
    teaching him about work ethic and being scrappy are good things... etc.

    That mama guilt is rough, no?

    ReplyDelete