Friday, December 10, 2010

Beatles Brain Cramp

One of the best things about my job is that I get quite a bit of freedom sometimes. Freedom to read a good book, freedom to finish an art project, sometimes freedom to run out and finish Christmas shopping for the kid at the conveniently located Bullseye store, and especially the freedom to not get back for an hour and 10 minutes and have nobody notice.

Not that I would ever do such a thing without properly noting it on my timesheet.

So anyway, I went there looking for one, maybe two things and I ended up getting:

a robe covered in skulls and crossbones
a set of Iron Man pajamas
a Batman tee shirt
3 pairs of Spider Man undies (see a theme?)
a miniature Robo Sapien
a guitar

Nope...not spoiled at all.

Before I left for the store I called home and asked Mom if there was anything I should look out for. Not wanting to give anything about the guitar away to the eavesdropping toddler she said, "That thing that Paul McCartney uses."

Paul. McCartney.

I shit you not.

Totally flabbergasted by this description my brain froze and, faltering, said the first thing that came to my mind.

"Women??"

Yeah. Not my best moment. I'll tell you one thing though, after that there was no way in hell I was forgetting that damn guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment